Early each year, MLQ presents a “Challenge” which members may respond to over the course of the year. Completed objects are anonymously presented at our December meeting. Members then vote for their favorite quilted object.
The MLQ 2022 Challenge is to design and fabricate a quilted object folllowing these guidelines:
- The object does not have to be a quilt. It could be a piece of clothing or a purse, for example.
- Participants will be assigned a color and will receive a color card that will be mailed via USPS.
- Your quilt pieces must be one or more colors that you select from your assigned card. You may also use pieces that are solid black, solid white, or black & white fabrics.
- You may also use a small piece of complimentary color, as defined on the back of your card, as an accent or focal point of your piece.
- You will be limited to a maximum size of a perimeter of 144 inches (36” x 36”).
Contact Sue Reeps by email if interested in participating by Jan 28 and let her know if you plan to be at a meeting or need it sent to you.